What are structural building components?
Superior Products for Exceptional Homes!
Structural building components are sections of framing that are assembled in a manufacturing plant before being transported to a jobsite. These components include roof trusses, floor trusses and wall panels.
Structural building components are an environmentally sound, economical framing alternative. Structural building components are created with sophisticated computer technology to build the structure that you desire.
How is using components environmentally sound?
- The wood used in structural building components is plentiful and readily available.
- This vital natural resource is renewable and sustainable.
- Manufacturing components in the shop allows for the most efficient use of lumber.
- Building with components generates minimal waste - even the cut-offs are easily reused or recycled.
- Components optimize lumber resources and are designed to precise load carrying capacities.
- Components can be designed to maximize energy efficiency, such as accommodating as much insulation as the energy design requires.
- Showing the beauty of manufacturing the wood encourages others to use components too.
How are components more economical?
- When you use lumber more efficiently, you receive greater value from each piece of wood.
- A quality assurance guarantee is much easier to achieve within the controlled manufacturing environment.
- Components are ordered ahead of time and available on the jobsite at the precise time the framing crew is ready to install them.
- Less labor is involved in jobsite assembly, so roofs, floors and walls may be installed very quickly and efficiently.
- Construction errors or delays are less likely with components.
- Components do not contribute to waste at the jobsite, so cleanup is quicker and easier.
- The manufacturing business is more efficient because plants can operate every day regardless of weather.
- Most importantly, components have a high structural reliability and are engineered to work for a lifetime.
Components produce savings in time, materials and labor!
What are the benefits of the latest computer technology?
- Computers allow for the design of complex roof profiles and interesting architectural details.
- Component load carrying capacity calculations are engineered mathematically by computers.
- In-plant machinery is also computer-controlled and allows for the optimal use of lumber and materials.
- Trained professional are able to create any structure imaginable. Your only limitation is your own imagination.
- Components are ideal for wide-open spaces and offer unparalleled design creativity and flexibility.
Custom designs literally at your fingertips!
In addition to the sophisticated design, the economical savings and the environmental benefits, why else should you choose to use structural building components?
Simply put, structural building components are the future of framing!
- Every year, more and more smart consumers choose to build with components.
- Roof trusses, floor trusses, and wall panels are seen as the direction the industry is heading.
- Conceived in the 1940s, the wood structural building components industry exceeded $15 billion in sales in 2006.
- Structural building components are highly engineered products that efficiently and cost-effectively meet today's real world construction needs.
Expand your horizons!
Every year, structural building components increase their market share in residential and commercial construction. This is no fad but a sound solution to the growing list of challenges that face all builders today. We are here to help you take advantage of this incredible advancement in technology.
Call Classic Truss and Wood Components today for a FREE estimate on your next project.